Effective Date: May 14, 2019
Last Modified: January 12, 2019
Site(s) Covered: www.Lesbianstate.com
The operative parties referred to in this policy are the Lesbianstate.com website (referred to as the "Company", "Website" , "the Site" or "Site", "we", "our" or "us") and You, the User of this site. Lesbianstate.com is the publisher and operator of this site.
You, the User - As the User of this Site, this Policy will refer to the User as "You" or through any applicable second-person pronouns, such as "Yours," etc. Hereinafter, the User of the Site shall be referred to in applicable second-person pronouns.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please see “Contact Information” below for information on how to contact us.
…Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person;…
…An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;…
…Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means…
The GDPR does not apply to anonymous information. Anonymous information is information which does not relate to an identified or identifiable natural person or to personal data rendered anonymous in such a manner that the data subject is not or no longer identifiable. This includes processing anonymous data for statistical or research purposes.
We process your personal data in a secure manner, which includes protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical and organizational measures.
Purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We cannot process your personal data without a purpose. We collect and process personal data for the following purposes:
- For the realization and performance of a contract between you and us;
- To offer you the requested services and information, tailored to your preference;
- To enable you to interact with our website features;
- To process your request, feedback or report;
- To analyze and optimize our site and services;
- To analyze the incoming and outgoing traffic (clicks) on our site;
- To conduct market research and gather information for product and service development;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- To prevent fraud or misuse of our services; and
- To cooperate with law enforcement and government agencies.
We only retain this personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes mentioned above, or to comply with statutory (storage) obligations.
Personal data we process
Passively provided personal data obtained through cookies and other technical information provided by you, your browser or your device.
A cookie is a small file that is being delivered to you through the pages of this site and that is being stored on your computer. The information stored on this cookie is being used by us each time you visit our site. Cookies help us to analyze the traffic to and from our site and deliver our visitors a better experience during their visit.
Consent for the placement of analytical and functional cookies is not mandatory by law, so these cookies are placed automatically. Your consent to our use of other cookies is automatically given by a clear affirmative act on our site, such as clicking on a specific website feature, for example the language filter.
Withdrawing cookie consent
Types of cookies we use
Persistent cookies – By using a persistent cookie, we can recognize you when you visit our site. We use this for analytical purposes and tailoring the site to your preferences. This way you do not have to set your preferences every time you visit our site, thus saving time and making your use of our site more pleasant. These cookies can be removed through the settings of your browser.
Session based cookies – By using a session based cookie, we can see which parts of the site you have viewed during your visit. With that information, we can optimize and adapt the site as much as possible to the surfing behavior of our visitors. These cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser.
Cookies we use
This website uses first party analytical cookies to collect information about your visit to this site.
- First Party Analytics - We place our own analytical cookie. The information in this persistent cookie has a retention period of 12 months. We consider the data we process through analytical cookies anonymous, since this information does not relate to an identified or identifiable natural person. We may disclose aggregated, anonymous information to third parties to operate our services properly.
- Third Party Analytics by Google Analytics - A third party analytical cookie is placed by Google as part of our use of the service Google Analytics. Google may transfer this information to third parties only when required by law or in cases where third parties process the information on Google's behalf. We have no influence on this. We have not allowed Google to use the information acquired through the analytical cookies for other Google services or advertisements. The information Google collects is anonymized as much as possible. We have asked them to anonymize any IP-addresses by changing the last octet of each IP. The information is transmitted to Google and stored on its servers in the United States. Google is part of the Privacy Shield Framework, to comply with the rules of the GDPR for companies that process personal data from residents of European Union member countries and Switzerland. We have also executed a Data Processing Agreement (or Data Processing Amendment) with Google regarding their Google Analytics service. Please note that Google offers a browser Add-on which enables you opt-out of Google Analytics' use of your (personal) data. You can find the add-on here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
When you visit and interact with our site, your browser or device automatically transmits certain technical information to our website. Such information enables us to know e.g. which browser type you use, what your browser settings are, what country you are in, what your referrer is, etc. With this information we can optimize your user experience by showing the site in your language, optimize rankings, customize the user interface etc. But mainly we use this information for analytical, statistical and research purposes, such as tracking referrals and incoming and outgoing traffic. We consider this data anonymous, since this information does not relate to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Actively provided personal data obtained through your interactions with us, such as using specific website features or sending (e-mail) messages.
We may temporarily process your personal data if you decide to provide this to us when using one of our website features. For example, you may voluntarily provide us with your e-mail address when reporting malware through our report tool or provide us with other (personal) data by sending us a (e-mail) message.
E-mails and other messages/mediums
The data processed by sending us an e-mail is limited to your e-mail-address, the contents of the message and the standard technical information included in e-mails. We will process whatever personal data you included in the message. However, we will only process this data to handle your request or feedback. The period for which we store any personal data in your e-mail depends on the extent of your request and our legal obligation to retain such data to comply with laws and regulations, if any.
No memberships, subscriptions, accounts, profiles etc.
We do not provide memberships, subscriptions, accounts, profiles or any other means that lead to an agreement between you and us apart from your use of the website. We do not collect your personal data for such purposes. In the event that you come across a feature on this site that requests your personal data for such a purpose, for example a registration request, chat session, membership form or discussion board, you should be aware that this is a request originating from a third party, not from us. We cannot be held responsible for any use of your personal data by a third party that is not part of our services, so please be aware.
What we do with your personal data
The passively collected, aggregated information collected through cookies is being used for market research, marketing purposes, to optimize our services and to optimize your experience on our site. We also track clicks on items to improve our rankings and to analyze the traffic to and from our site. With cookies we can also personalize your experience by recognizing which language setting you chose. We consider this data anonymous, since this information does not relate to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Other personal data
Personal data you actively provided to us through your use of the site is handled to process your feedback or request. We do not provide third parties with your personal data, or information regarding your use of the services or site(s) accessible through our services, unless this is strictly necessary in our sole discretion, and we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including but not limited to, the following reasons:
- To satisfy any laws, regulations or legal requests for such information;
- To operate our services properly;
- To process your request;
- To protect our site’s visitors, the general public, and ourselves. We specifically reserve the right to disclose any and all information to law enforcement in the event that a crime is committed, is suspected, or if we are compelled to do so by lawful criminal, civil, or administrative process, discovery requests, subpoenas, court orders, writs, or reasonable request of authorities or persons with the reasonable power to obtain such process;
- To cooperate with law enforcement authorities, government agencies and/or private-party litigants seeking information about our users, to the extent required by applicable law and/or if we are legally advised to do so. Examples of such cooperation include but are not limited to, lawful criminal, civil, or administrative process, discovery requests, subpoenas, court orders, writs, or reasonable request of authorities or persons with the reasonable power to obtain such process.
What are your rights regarding our processing of your personal data?
Access, rectification, restriction and erasure
You can always send us a message to ask what personal data is stored of you or ask us to rectify, restrict or remove your personal data. Since our storage of personal data is minimal, and almost all our data is anonymized and aggregated, we cannot guarantee that we have your data on file. As explained before, when data is anonymized, it is not considered personal data.
Please note that we might have legitimate interests to continue processing your personal data, which override your interest, rights and freedoms regarding our processing of such data. For example, we might be obligated to continue processing your personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or we need to retain such data for other legal purposes. We will always inform you of this decision when you contact us with a request to exercise one of your rights stated in this section.
The data we process is minimal, and mostly aggregated and anonymized. You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in an interoperable format, so you can transmit that data to another service provider. We cannot guarantee that we have your personal data on file and/or in an interoperable format, but we will do our best to assist you in enforcing your right regarding data portability.
As explained in our paragraph on cookies, you can withdraw consent by deleting your cookies. You can contact us with your request to withdraw consent for any personal data you provided to us via certain interactions with our site, such as using a specific website feature or sending (e-mail) messages. Please note that we may have a legal obligation to retain your personal data to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. We suggest that you contact the competent supervisory authority in the country of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
We take your privacy seriously and therefore we have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent and minimize the risk of unauthorized or unlawful processing, inappropriate use, inaccuracy, accidental loss, destruction and/or damage of (personal) data stored on our network and systems, insofar as this is reasonably possible and expected of us.
Third party websites
We reserve the right to revise, amend, or modify this Policy and Our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. You should periodically check for any modifications of this Policy by re-visiting this web page and using the "refresh" button on Your browser. You should note the date of last revision to this Policy, which appears at the top of this Policy. If the "last modified" date remains unchanged after You have clicked the "refresh" button on Your browser, You may presume that no changes have been made since the last reading of the Policy. A changed "last modified" dates indicates that this Policy has been updated or edited, and the updated or edited version supersedes any prior versions immediately upon posting.